Fordson Major

I have a E1ADN petrol fordson major, was wondering if anyone can help me, i am looking for a distributor cap and rotor button the cap number is 418859 the lukas distributor number is DM040362B. I have the distributor doctor looking for one but if anyone can help it would be most appreciated.

From Melbourne Australia
PS I have searched everywhere for these items for years.

Ah, another victim of Lucas.

Talk to your local hot rod / racing crowd. They may need to see your old distributor. Many distributors are similar in mounting and drive design, and there may be an aftermarket one (complete distributor) out there that will fit. In the United States, Mallory made/makes many replacement distributors.

In the US, Delco made most of the limited production distributors for agricultural/industrial applications. Sort of like Lucas, only their stuff was of excellent quality.

I had a Russian who owned a Jaguar tell me "That man Lucas should be taken out and shot!"

This might help. Ask about rotor button, they might have it. Good luck!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lucas-Distributor-Cap-Austin-25cwt-Van-Ambulance-52-54-/330444192647

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back