John Deere Grasslands No Till Drill GL 710

I have the opportunity to pick up a John Deere grasslands GL 710 no till drill. I was looking to see if I could get an owners manual or a parts manual for it and find out any information about it, are they rare? Can you still get parts for them? Anyone have experience with them any major issues? Do I need to stay away. It was bar cap for several years, but he’s sitting out now. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_9163.jpeg
    IMG_9163.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9164.jpeg
    IMG_9164.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9165.jpeg
    IMG_9165.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9168.jpeg
    IMG_9168.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9167.jpeg
    IMG_9167.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9166.jpeg
    IMG_9166.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9169.jpeg
    IMG_9169.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9170.jpeg
    IMG_9170.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
One can download a free GL operators manual @ the following link. You can also purchase an operators & parts catalog at the same link. Back when I was employed by JD dealership I remember one ranch that was a customer had a GL(Grassland) Drill. I would classify a GL drill as fairly RARE when compared to other JD grain drills. If you plan to use this drill I suggest to lubricate/free up each feed wheel in the seed cups by placing wrench on the square feed shaft to move feed wheels back & forth. https://techpubs.deere.com/en-US/Search/Equipment

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-29 084506.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-29 084506.png
    283.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Thanks TX Jim. Do you know if parts still are available? It’s only gonna be used for small 2 to 3 acre pastures and maybe a food plot once or twice a year.

I was just referring in general before I purchased it to make sure that I can get parts for it if needed. With it being one of the rare models that was my concern. I did look at the link you sent, but it was not able to pull up Manual or parts manual for it but I may have to change my wording to find it. I did find one manual for GL A on eBay, but I wasn’t for sure that it was the same one.

I apologize. I just went back and looked at your post earlier and see that you had one pulled up. I did not see that before forgive me.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back