Forest City, MN tractor show this weekend!

JMS/.MN

Little town of Forest City, MN is having their 31st annual show this weekend- Fri, Sat, Sun...Set your threshing machine GPS to 64917 309 Street, Litchfield, MN...in central MN. The feature this year at Forest City Threshing Association is CASE...jon f, be aware...all you other CASE lovers as well. Check out their website for all the activities...ignore Nowthen and Butterfield shows, and come to Forest City! Come say Hi to DB600 at the sawmill...he answers to Gary...and yes, dear!

Across the road, our friends at the Forest City Stockade are having their annual Rendezvous...the stockade is a replacement fort set up in the 70s, commemorating the 1862 Sioux Indian uprising in central MN. They do pioneer crafts, while FCTA demonstrates early farming activities. The stockade also features a black powder shoot, Rendezvous lifestyle, crafts, etc.

I?ll answer to a couple of other things, but it might not be the correct answer. When you get to the show grounds use the South Gate and say hi to JMS. I?ll be sawing Electric Cedar on the old Schoolmeester hand feed.

I remember going to a threshing event of some sort outside of Forest City back in the late 60's maybe? Not sure if it was a formal event or just neighbors getting together. My Dad's uncle, Ed Rohrbeck, was involved in it somehow.

I'll be at Nowthen this weekend. If you could, write down the serial number of any center exhaust 1941 Case SC's that you come across! I need them for my early Case SC registry! :)

I was not involved at the start, but originally it was just a few neighbors getting together to do some threshing..Clarence Groskreutz was one,(was on his farm) maybe Bud Watkins...and a handful of others. Formally started 31 years ago...liability was an issue as others got involved, wanted to watch, etc, so a club was organized. Dues were $15 per year, but lifetime memberships at $100 each were promoted to get startup money. Main building was donated (steel, about 60 x 150?), club required to pay for finishing off the interior. Some land was also donated.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back