Working on my friends 450 a few months ago and found no compression on 3 cylinders. Figured stuck valves but that seems odd as they get lots of oil topside. He pulled it over to the shed and got cooler weather pulled tappet cover off and cranked motor over. No valve movement. I was wondering what would be the cause of this. Lynn
This is what I posted in Oct of 2022. I had a motor out of a 400 and told him I would build him a short block. He has had other people working on it and trying to follow some is not the best thing to do. Took the short block to an Amish fellow and he tore it down and put the block in and I helped him install the head and put all the accessories on and got it running. This was the result but don't know what caused it. It had the DB gear. Lynn
This is what I posted in Oct of 2022. I had a motor out of a 400 and told him I would build him a short block. He has had other people working on it and trying to follow some is not the best thing to do. Took the short block to an Amish fellow and he tore it down and put the block in and I helped him install the head and put all the accessories on and got it running. This was the result but don't know what caused it. It had the DB gear. Lynn