Fox Chopper Box

Have you ever seen a FOX Chopper Box? Welp if you haven't now you have! My dad talked to a friend who talked to someone who ran a FOX dealer and he'd never seen a FOX Chopper Box.
cvphoto165986.jpg

cvphoto165987.jpg

cvphoto165988.jpg

cvphoto165989.jpg

cvphoto165990.jpg

Welcome to YT (no recollection of your handle) nice night images. Interesting beater in the top, is it chain driven? Jim

Looks to have a lot of similarities to the later Kasten boxes. Like the rod angled down towards the back from the top front for a brace against working forward. The wood verticals with the side boards nailed to them. then How else would one build one if not by Plywood and steel uprights like Badger did. We had 2 Badger wagons 1 Kasten Box and a Gehl. The Gehl what a pile of junk it was. The Kasten worked ok but was a cheaply built parts like the front Gear box and ratchet wheel and dogs. The badgers I liked best worked well with few problems. Of course the running gears were the always problem with wet heavy load of hay or corn for silage. I've seen a couple old Fox Boxes around and Saw a couple Fox choppers around here also. I believe a distant relative had a Fox chopper and I thought had at least one Fox box back when. Fox also made a self-propelled chopper

I saw quite a few of them at the Fox yard when I was younger. We lived about ten miles from the Fox plant. Funny thing was, I never saw one at a farm. The most common around here was Huebner or Badger with an occasional New Holland.

I saw one at a farm show around the early 1980's. I don't think that they were made much after that time.

At last!! One of the Fox boxes like we had! And a 3 beater at that! Ours was a 2 beater that we grafted an Allis Chalmers metal roof onto. The Fox box was narrower than the A-C- one of my first lessons in making it fit. Dad bought it used only one year from the original owner. OO's brother was a Fox dealer. My next door neighbor also had one of the same model, and took my gearbox to replace his, after my wagon was worn out.
The Fox Forage f-book page has had pictures of 2 or more types of the Fox boxes of later vintage, but never showed one of the early model with the sides sitting/bolted onto the wood deck. The right hand variable rate lever for changing the speed of the bed chain wasn't very safe to use if you wanted to stand by the blower to watch progress. Thank God for the functioning PTO shield.

I have seen one. It sat on the back lot of CJ Wonsidler Bros. in Quakertown, PA for years. Charlie took it on trade and never moved it. I don't remember if it was sold on the inventory reduction auction he had a couple years before he passed away or if it was still there at the final liquidation auction 10 years later.

The Fox, like the Allis Chalmers, could be had with 1, 2, or obviously 3 beaters, and corresponding number of side/back sections. They just bolted together like a big erector set.

I may just have to get this on Facebook. Yeah she's old. One of the apron chains is out because the supports had settled down too far for it too run. Once it's unloaded we plan on fixing it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back