Front end loader

Question I'm thinking about mounting a small front end loader on my 800 tractor just worried about getting hydraulic's the loader is small it came off a compact tractor the tractor it came off had 1950 psi and a 3.5 gpm pump. My tractor currently has no external hydraulic's.

You can buy a kit from this site to add hydraulics:

https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/Ford-800_Double-Spool-Remote-Valve-Kit_E1NNB950BB.html

(quoted from post at 02:25:44 10/30/23) You can buy a kit from this site to add hydraulics:

https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/Ford-800_Double-Spool-Remote-Valve-Kit_E1NNB950BB.html

This post was edited by Wyomingbears on 10/30/2023 at 05:06 am.

thank you I saw these valves and wasn't sure if I needed a single spool or double . the loader has valves and handled on it with just two lines with quick couplers I assumed one was pressure and one was a return but not sure if I use that kit do I have to pull the lever on the valve and the loader to make it work

(quoted from post at 05:11:45 10/30/23) thank you I saw these valves and wasn't sure if I needed a single spool or double . the loader has valves and handled on it with just two lines with quick couplers I assumed one was pressure and one was a return but not sure if I use that kit do I have to pull the lever on the valve and the loader to make it work

If you already have a 2 spool control valve for up and down and bucket tilt, I would think all you would need then is the hydraulic adapter kit.

I have one of those adapter plates on my 860. I use it for the dump function on a concrete mixer mounted on the 3 point. The dump cylinder is where the top-link would be.

I plumbed my adapter with quick connect couplers, male on one hose, female on the other. When I remove the mixer and control valve the I just connect the hoses.

My concern for your application is the volume and pressure of the built in pump will not cycle your bucket as quickly as you would like. The pressure may not lift as much as the bucket can handle.

I checked the pressure on my set up once, I do not recall the exact number, but I am pretty sure is was under 1,000 psi.

Depending on what you want to lift, you will also want weight hanging on the back. If you are just pushing, snow for example, you will need weight also.

thank you I'm not real concerned about speed it's mostly going to be used for picking rocks and dumping them over a fence into a creek and some garden work moving topsoil around

(quoted from post at 09:43:23 10/30/23) thank you I'm not real concerned about speed it's mostly going to be used for picking rocks and dumping them over a fence into a creek and some garden work moving topsoil around
img]
mvphoto111202.jpg

[/img]

This post was edited by Wyomingbears on 10/30/2023 at 10:12 am.

I may be off base here, but I'm in the process of replacing my 2 spool control valve on my little Kubota. It has a FEL dealer installed in the mid 70's. It was was pointed out to me the old valve doesn't have what they call a power beyond outlet. That is, it's a port that dumps trapped oil in the block when sticks are in neutral. That oil dumps back into the sump. I'm going to add that to the valve so it dumps oil back to the sump.
They tell me I'm lucky not to have ruined the pump as old as it is since that trapped oil would have have the pump keeping pressure in the block all the time.
Maybe someone with more experience with hydraulics can provide some input on this.
This is the replacement valve I'm going to use.

https://summit-hydraulics.com/product/monoblock-hydraulic-directional-control-valve-2-spool-w-single-float-11-gpm/

This post was edited by Michaels Dad on 10/30/2023 at 01:19 pm.

@Michaels Dad
Not having a power beyond port will not hurt anything. A power beyond port and a return port are two different things. If it doesn't have a return port and it is an open center system the pump wouldn't necessarily have burned itself up if the pump was also being used for other things, like a hydrostatic transmission and/or power steering. Not knowing the specifics of the hydraulic system on your little Kubota, I can't say for sure.

This post was edited by Sean in PA on 10/31/2023 at 06:40 am.

Not having a power beyond does not keep pressure in the system all the time. The return hose is suppling oil to the three point hitch and is returned to
sump from the three point hitch valve. The only problem with that system is if you have a heavy load on the three point hitch it will put back pressure
on the loader valve when raising the three point hitch. A valve with power beyond uses the power beyond to feed the three point hitch. The only oil that
goes through the return to sump hose is excess oil when operating the loader.

Mark

. The only thing I use the 3 point for is running a brush hog and it's on all summer in in fact I rarely even raise it so if I use the HV4902 adapter plate I could hook the hoses together when the loaders off I do plan on making it easy to remove the FEL

(quoted from post at 20:52:53 10/29/23) Question I'm thinking about mounting a small front end loader on my 800 tractor just worried about getting hydraulic's the loader is small it came off a compact tractor the tractor it came off had 1950 psi and a 3.5 gpm pump. My tractor currently has no external hydraulic's.
.Just wanted to thank everyone for the help I got the loader mounted and working and couldn't be happier thanks to everyone
mvphoto112616.jpg

mvphoto112617.jpg

mvphoto112618.jpg

mvphoto112619.jpg

This post was edited by Wyomingbears on 12/25/2023 at 06:33 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back