Front Loader Blade

Like I said if you hang about 1000 on the tail it will push snow. Now no you can't push 4 foot drifts but you can push snow. If you need to push big drifts, and deep snow you need a much bigger tractor. Snow and dirt are much alike.it takes weight and power. If you don't have them you can't do much. Our Loader tractor is a 574 diesel. It has 18.4-28's in it both are loaded and there is about 500-1000 per wheel of weights on it and if we need more there is an old gear from a press that is probably another 1000 to hang on the 3pt. A lot more than just a few weights on the wheels. Each wheel had enough old Case weights on the inside to be about flush with the inside of the rim and the same with an old F&H weight inside of an IH weight on the outside of each wheel. Then with about a Barrel of chloride in each tire it adds up a lot fast. Now you can push about all the snow you have power for. If on Ice then nothing will solve the traction problem. Chains will help a lot but not solve it. Chains are designed to work well forward and backward not so well sideways if on a side hill. I really think you need to look at a lot more weight or a lot more tractor for the job. depending on how much and how often. With the weights and loaded tires we never remove it except to fix a leak or change tires when they wear out.

Thanks for the advice. The easiest thing for me to do is just leave the land plane on it when I try to plow snow. I will see how much that helps. I have some weights on each wheel and each rear tire has liquid in it, but I do not have anything like what you have.

I put my land plane back on the 340 Farmall with a loader yesterday. The extra weight on the tractor on the back made a big difference. Probably not as big a difference as chains but enough that I can get around pretty well. Thanks for all the advice.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back