front tires/JD60

The front tires on my 60 have been in need of replacement due to dryrot. I've found a price tag of $49.00 apiece plus $10.00 apiece for tubes. I'm getting old so my memory doesn't serve me sometimes....lol...but I want to think the brand is Samson.....or Swanson.....something like that. I'm sure y'all know what I'm talking about.

Any comments on the brand? They're 6 ply like most of them.

And if I'm remembering right, the standard size for the 60 is 6.00 x 16, right?

It would be Samson. Its a popular China built tire. OK tire but it justs seems wrong to put China tires on old iron. I will spend a couple extra bucks and get an USA made tires on my things.

I couldn't agree with you more, Beagle. I had no idea they were made in China or I'd have turned around and walked straight out the door right then.

I WILL be searching around for American made tires. My wife & I committ to buying American made every opportunity that presents itself. One of the things that aggravates me is we're finding out things can say "Made in USA" even if parts are made for different items in China & then shipped to the U.S. to be assembled. That's just not right. It's like sneaking in, beating around the bush to get us to buy them anyway.

It's getting tougher to find 100% Made in USA. For example, most of the computer you are using came from across the seas. Things are getting globaler and globaler.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back