Front tires options? Farmall bn

ray299

New User
1000001320.jpg
hi, One of these tires keeps going flat. Looking for options other than buying brand new tires. And if I do have to buy new tires can I put AG tires on the front to match the back or do they have to be this style? Opinions on using the gunk?

Drive the 'good' front tire up on a piece of 2 x 4 to make removal of the flat tire easier. Those tires originally had tubes in them so just duplicate it. Once the old tube is removed, check the tire for nails that may have caused a previous flat.

There are no automotive tires anymore that will fit your tractor. Any thing used will be as bad or worse thanwhat you have.Those tires ARE ag tires. They are called Tri ribs A traction tread type is not needed. And would look silly to boot.Try to have the leak fixed first. Could be a simple hole in the tube that needs a parch. Or the valve stem could be leaking. Either one is a simple fix.Those tires have a lot of life in them. Good enough for parades,shows and just poopin' around.I doubt you will be putting too many hours on them. I run worse. Run em till they go BOOM!

There are no automotive tires anymore that will fit your tractor. Any thing used will be as bad or worse thanwhat you have.Those tires ARE ag tires. They are called Tri ribs A traction tread type is not needed. And would look silly to boot.Try to have the leak fixed first. Could be a simple hole in the tube that needs a parch. Or the valve stem could be leaking. Either one is a simple fix.Those tires have a lot of life in them. Good enough for parades,shows and just poopin' around.I doubt you will be putting too many hours on them. I run worse. Run em till they go BOOM!
I agree. A tractor/traction type tire would not be a good look.

New 3-rib tires can be bought for as little as $39.00 each through Walmart's website, but a complete set of two tires with tubes is $129.99 delivered from Amazon.

That's if you want new tires. Like everyone else has said, you could probably get the tube patched, or at worst, install a new tube, and keep on trucking.

Using goops to seal up the tire is not a great idea. Sooner or later someone has to clean that stuff out and believe me it's no fun.

Check the stem for leaking it is the easiest to start with just spit on the stem so it covers the end if no bubble in a bit no leak then time to remove tire like already stated let flat and remove the tire no need to take rim off hub. Less work with the rim on. Pull tube out and inflate hard so it will leak in a tank of water cow tanks work good for this. Once leak is found patch or replace tube. Make sure you have the stem pointing the right direction for the rim hole. at reinstallation.

You might get lucky and all you need is a new valve core. Then again you might have my luck and have to buy a lot of stuff. If you decide to replace the tube look inside the tire real close for something has punctured the tube and will the new one again. I have locus trees here with serious thorns that will stick in a tire far enough to puncture a tube. If you pull the tube and find the leak you can match up the area on the tire to be able to look for something.

If you need to dismount the tire, start by putting a chalk mark on the sidewall in line with the valve stem. Makes it a lot easier to find the object in the tire that punctured the tube.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back