Front wheel bearing replacement

pixer

Decided to replace front wheel bearing seal on 47 8n, pulled off hub and inner bearing came off in pieces, ordered bearing kit and started to
remove races and noticed there are two indentations in hub across from each other ,is this where you get the punch on the back of the races to
drive them out?. Does anyone have information on correct way to remove races and install seal without damaging then. Any tutorials out there
on this subject?. Also the kit comes with two races and two cone bearings but no replacement for what I'll call the inner race, I assume thus
puts the load on the inner bearing , it looks to be in good shape any pictures of how this piece goes on I took it off before I looked , the tapered
end points out on the spindle correct?. Post is long but any help appreciated.

I've never replaced bearings w/o replacing both races. Your call on that one.

Just drive the races out w/ a drift in the notch.

Clean out all the old grease.

Use a socket to drive in the new races if you don't have a seal driver.

Hand pack the bearings w/ grease.

Coat the races. See tip # 2 re the seals.

Resist the urge to pack that hub full of grease. All you need to do is grease the bearings.
75 Tips

I plan on replacing both races that come with the bearing kit.What is the name of the part that goes on the spindle first, it is tapered and slides on the spindle and seat against the spindle itself. This part must be intended to be reused because u couldn't find it in any catalogue and the manual doesn't show it as a separate piece on the manual pictures.it looks like the back of the inner bearing sears up against this piece. The piece slides right on the spindle it's flanged on one end and tapered on the other end. Name? Purpose?

What you are describing sounds like the inner race of your inner wheel bearing. If that bearing came apart, it most likely left the inner race on the spindle. Pull it off. Your new bearing fits there and will slide on when you put the hub back on. The seal should ride on a larger diameter surface behind the bearing.

Your right Gary I put nut back after removing washer and outer bring and yanked and ruined the bring don't do it

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back