Fuel Injection Pump

Man , These Guys that think they can simply rebuild an injection pump and call it good
amaze Me . But, The prices some of those durn shops charge. Well who could blame them . I
send mine to Interstate Injection in Seymour ,, Jeff is v ery reasonable , fair and honest .

Boy those were some helpful answers. Most
diesel shops will sell you a seal kit if you
provide that pump number. Search d&w diesel
if you can't find anything local to you. The
part number for the seal kit will most likely
be 24371. You can get seal kits on eBay but I
don't think most of them are as good as the
stanadyne kits. The vast majority of the
problems with those pumps are stuck
plungers/delivery/metering valves or the
dreaded governor ring failure. You don't need
to be a guru or need a magic wand to fix
either of those problems. Take lots of pics when you are taking it apart for reference.Granted,
recalibrating everything is never a bad
thing, and some of the special tools make the
job much easier, especially the advance stud removal tool. I would highly recommend buying one of those, especially if you think you might do more of those pumps. That advance stud will break on you quite easily. Check the brass pilot tube
where the umbrella seals ride, if the wear is
excessive replace the tube. I'm sure there
are some videos on YouTube to give you some
ideas of what you are getting into. I had
good ol fashioned service manuals when I did
my first one, but that was before the
Internet days. Lol. In my opinion a lot more
information would be exchanged on here if you
didn't worry about being belittled for
everything you ask about. We all had to learn
at some point and still are. Rant over.

All I wanted was an answer to my question. I didn't ask for smart remarks. Thank you to EP for your help. This is the first time I went to a forum for answers.

There are several rebuild kits for the DGB listed on ebay, amazon and elsewhere. Just put DGB kit into the search box. When
rebuilding your DGB, there may be some wisdom in installing a solid weight cage which replaces the original style flex ring.
The flex rings have been a recurring problem on my DGBs, and I have spent many dollars at the local diesel injection pump shop
for replacing flex rings that degrade after a period of as little as three years, some with less than 20 hours of run time.
There is a thread on ytmag titled what a roosa master flex ring looks like!! Here is the link:

https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=ttalk&th=1297006

Good luck.
What a Roosa Master Flex Ring Looks Like

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back