Future Plans 2024 ! ???

D-C-741

our farm ! First is Equipment Reduction ! things not needed after Dairy Cows gone, Parts Tractors ,bought for parts or fix / some that will no longer needed for some beef cattle and some haying . some we might sell at Auctions local or thinking EBAY on the parts Tractors ,parting them out , Maybe even Face Book Marketplace .Retirement Just Makes You Start thinking Differently !

I took a whole bunch of stuff to the scrap yard after I sold the dairy cows and regretted it. I look at a lot of it that's still around and think it needs to go, but I know I'd regret it if I got rid of it.

As I recall you are not too far away from me as I am near Geneva, NY. Keep us posted as you may have something I could use and you would avoid getting stuck selling at or near scrap price depending on the item.

Yep. Got a nice JD 2520, nice Unverferth 9 shank disc/chisel, 4 nice 18.4x46 tires on CaseIH wheels, and a late model VAC parts tractor, all of which need to start getting gone!

Is this Retirement or Death is Coming Soon sale?
I am somewhere in between and my current clean up is being done to get this place ready to sell and move down the road.
This place was 71% purchased by the wife with money she found at 8 years of age. I told her I would fulfill her wishes with property disposal and God willing, will get that done fore it is my time to go.
My daughter is currently busy in the back room going through boxes and I am telling her to take 90% of what she finds.
Better she has time to liquidate at a slower rate rather than all at once. Me? I have too far too much and it all needs to get moved around to see what is at the bottom.
My wife cheated on me the 19th of April this year and moved to heaven without me. Now i at least have the daughter helping to clean out some of this stuff. My son is an off again, on again, relationship and currently it has been off again just over 3 weeks. I grow weary of the game and he can do whatever he desires.
Now looking back I should have had at least 3 kids instead of 2. With 3 you stand a better chance that they won't all gang up on you.
As for the machinery, I do need to get things thinned out also.

I have a lot of stuff for sure but for me as long as it doesn't eat anything and I don't need the money I see no reason to move it anywhere. I'm going to leave it to a few folks that will be very happy to get it and not see it as a burden to dispose of and I'll have some very surprised relatives.

If I scrap it it is of no use to anybody since it will be old rotted out exhaust pieces and small pieces to small to build anything out of unless you use pieces less than about 2 inches square. We never really bought tractors for parts unless we were going to put a half with a different half like a front to another rear. And that didn't happen in the past usually bought running equipment and just kept it running. Lately we have been buying parts heads for parts now will need to finish the parts thing and scrap anything we don't need.

You and I are both in about the same position quit shipping milk September 2022. Whole lot of equipment I just will likely never need again. I sold my near new bale wrapper, because it was too valuable to just let sit around. Also sold my power feed cart to a friend because he needed it. Most of my actual dairy equipment is worthless these days. Because I have changed my farming methods so dramatically, I have a line of tillage and forage harvesting equipment and a MF 851 combine and swather that I will never used again. Also have 3-4 tractors, and two heavy trucks that are of little value , and some one else should own them. Small square baler, flat rake steel top hay wagons, bale elevator,NH haybind and seed drill and wide row corn planter, I will never used again. I still do hay for my beef cattle, and vertical tillage for my cash crops, but hire planting, spraying and harvesting all done. I need an on farm live auction, but since the plague, the auction companies around here dont do live auctions anymore. I think they make too much money doing on line auctions and screw both the buyers and the sellers!

One auctioneer here is adamant that his customers want online auctions as they don't want people milling around on their property. I think it is more to do with they don't need as much auction day labor saving them money.

I suspect the daughter is motivated by greed and the son is blaming the divorce from his mother on me and all his legal/drug/poor choices in life/ problems on me. I have come to find in my life as an adult, just how broad my shoulders are. That also including the State with child support. Yes. I was a Dead Beat Dad. Until the women opened my file and saw that I was always a month or two ahead in payments. Never in arrears until I went to work for the gobmint and the state decided they were going to garnish my paycheck for automatic payments.
It took the state about 3 months to get it done and they charged me for the pleasure to have money pulled out.
The ex was ------ and I told her to go talk to the state.
Sun's up, burning daylight, gotta run.

Just sold my last piece of equipment last month....2 400 bushel Bruns wagons. Just an old cultivator and disc here that will go for scrap by spring. The loader tractor and the cab tractor are just too handy and will be part of my funeral procession....lol!

Ben

One widow lady here sold her husbands collection of older tractors and equipment, and the stinker charged her 30% commission and charged the buyers a 10% buyers premium. So for every dollar that was paid for a tractor, the online auction company made 40 cents! Now does that seem fair?

our farm ! First is Equipment Reduction ! things not needed after Dairy Cows gone, Parts Tractors ,bought for parts or fix / some that will no longer needed for some beef cattle and some haying . some we might sell at Auctions local or thinking EBAY on the parts Tractors ,parting them out , Maybe even Face Book Marketplace .Retirement Just Makes You Start thinking Differently !
We are not guarateed tomorrow but if the Lord wills:
1: Rebuild engine on '51 8N project tractor
2:Reassemble 1968 Suzuki I started restoring five years ago
3: Put the new tires that I purchased two years ago on my Sportster and maybe sell it.
4: Get new flooring in the house
5: Have a 30X42 shop built.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back