G just curious ?

Please tell me if I'm wrong. In the G series I never see anyone talk about the {Cyclone G} I rember back 45 yr's ago, some of the "Deere" men of westeren pa was talking about them alot. I have been away from farming too many years now,but I'll never forget the sound of that old A I used to run when I did work on a farm. My question is, what is the differance?
 
No cyclone G. This tractor was pretty much a different design than that of the A and B, which shared identical designs.
 
G"s from serial #1000 to serial #13000 had a 12.5 inch block and a 5 inch head that was flat.At serial #13001 they had a 11.5 inch block and a 6 inch head that had eyebrows around the intake valve to swirl the fuel for a better fuel-air mixture.If you want to bring a G to life use a 11.5 block and a 5 inch flat head & high top gas pistons.That will give you 70+HP with a good cam grind, twice what it came from the factory with and a awesome sound
 
When I was a kid in the 70's my Uncle Snipe put a flat head on his 48 G. It took some modifying, but it had a bark all of it's own. We used to haul hay at night and when he came through our little town of Saxonburg in Western PA, alot of house lights would come on. It sounded good on a hammermill too. I miss those days.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top