Gas & diesel prices today

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSD

Filled up at the Circle K fuel stop today. Diesel was $2.97. Flying J haas gas for $2.95. Been awhile but finally getting affordable again.

Filled up at the Circle K fuel stop today. Diesel was $2.97. Flying J haas gas for $2.95. Been awhile but finally getting affordable again.
Up and down day to day. $2.859 gas, $3.139 diesel today but tomorrow when I go to town diesel will be $3.50 probably.

Gas here in my part of western NY is $3.65 per gallon and diesel is $4.25 as of yesterday. We would love the prices you guys are paying.

The price of gas here has something in common with Lucifer
$6.66/ gallon. That’s a devil of a price! $148/litre it cost $1.77/litre for 93 Octane. Fortunately driving around in this thing is my only bad habit.

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 28
The price of gas here has something in common with Lucifer
$6.66/ gallon. That’s a devil of a price! $148/litre it cost $1.77/litre for 93 Octane. Fortunately driving around in this thing is my only bad habit.
Got to love the 93 octane burners. Mine has 1/2 the cylinders, at least 1/2 the hp. and only 1.8 liters. It pings and knocks on anything less than 93 octane. At least it averages 32 mpg and is a blast to drive. Egress, on the other hand, is becoming more challenging. Pic. is when I got home with it from CA in 2013. Put 5,000 miles on it in 9 days and spend all but one night in the cot/tent. Did I say it's a blast to drive?
IMG_0689.JPG

Last edited:
Got to love the 93 octane burners. Mine has 1/2 the cylinders, at least 1/2 the hp. and only 1.8 liters. It pings and knocks on anything less than 93 octane. At least it averages 32 mpg and is a blast to drive. Egress, on the other hand, is becoming more challenging. Pic. is when I got home with it from CA in 2013. Put 5,000 miles on it in 7 days and spend all but one night in the cot/tent. Did I say it's a blast to drive? View attachment 74675
Yes that car does look like fun to drive, and I envy your fuel economy. Just reverse the numbers and I get the same,23/mile per gallon. Not so sure about that tent/cot .

Thing that gets me is that fuel exports are at record highs.
We are getting taken at someones profit. Cutting down the
exports would let us commoners have reasonable gas
prices.
Back in 1964 we went to Des Moines & gas was $.20 a
gallon.
Jim

Yes that car does look like fun to drive, and I envy your fuel economy. Just reverse the numbers and I get the same,23/mile per gallon. Not so sure about that tent/cot .
The sleeping arrangement's were somewhat forced. I was a year and a half into retirement. Our plan was for my wife (2 1/2 years younger) to work 2 years until I turned 60 when all my retirement benefits kicked in. After 6 months, she decided that wasn't happening. While the timing wasn't great, the car became available and I said "what the he!!" and made it happen. It was a great trip home (Yosemite, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyon Lands, Capitol Reef and Rocky Mountain National parks but was done on the cheap. The cot/tent came with the car and was actually pretty comfortable. Since that picture, it has been (like myself) permanently retired.

Back in the late '50's I did some part time work at a service station to have some spending money while in high school. Gas was running 25.9 and every once in awhile, my town and the neighboring town would have a gas war and it was 19.9.....I was making 50 cents an hour working there...................its all relative. Course I'll take today's technology improvements hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back