Gas is Cheap!

IaGary

Well-known Member

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

Compared with Gasoline......

This makes one think, and
also puts things in perspective.

Diet Snapple
16 oz $1.29 ... $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea
16 oz $1.19 ........... $9.52 per gallon

Gatorade
20 oz $1.59 .... $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray
16 oz $1.25 ......... $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid
12 oz $3.15 .......... $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil
6 oz $8.35 .... $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol
4 oz $3.85 ... $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout
7 oz $1.39 ........ . $25.42 per gallon

Scope
1.5 oz $0.99 .$84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...

Evian water
9 oz $1.49..........$21.19 per gallon?!
$21.19 for WATER - and the buyers don't even know the source.
(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

Ever wonder why printers are so cheap?
So they have you hooked for the ink.
Someone calculated the cost of the ink at................
you won't believe it...................
but it is true.........................

$5,200.00 a gallon
(five thousand two hundred dollars)

So, the next time you're at the pump, be glad your car doesn't run on water, Scope, or Whiteout, Pepto Bismol or Nyquil or God forbid,
Printer Ink !!!!!

Just a little humor to help ease the pain of your next trip to the pump...
 
(quoted from post at 19:01:49 04/07/08) In inkjet printers you're not just paying for the ink. You are also paying for the print head.

I'm doubting that the print head costs much, either..... it's all about how much the traffic will bear and how bad the consumer needs it..... IMHO 8)
 
Funny post, have seen similar things before. I think they're dreamed up by the oil companies to fool you into think you aren't getting hosed every time you fill up.


Yeah, I need drink 3 gallons of Nyquil every day to get back and forth to work...

Or I could drink 14 Snapples on the way home...
 
A $10.00 steak and a good bbq sauce on the the grill gets me gassing pretty good. Now if you are talking about gasoline, thats another story.
 
You didn't even mention how much a gallon / lb. some spend on poison. (ie alchahol / tobacco etc ) I guess it's called "paying with your life".
 
(quoted from post at 20:01:49 04/07/08) In inkjet printers you're not just paying for the ink. You are also paying for the print head.

I can change the ink cartridges in my inkjet printer
without having to change the print head.

Pooh Bear
 
I realize this is all in fun, but all the example you gave are packaged. You're paying a premium price for packaging. Gasoline is sold in bulk. A better comparison would be city water at a few cents per hundred (or thousand) gallons.

Newspaper companies buy ink in bulk. I know it is a significant part of their printing costs, but I doubt that it's anywhere near $5000/gallon. Probably less than 100 bucks a gallon.

That said, gasoline is still dirt cheap and very convenient. Imagine if we had steam-powered cars that we had to stoke with firewood; It would take a face cord of wood to drive to work and back!
 
good humor... I've heard some of that before, BUTTT, my missus and I NEVER drink any of that 'spensive stuff, just plain ol' H2O right outta the tap... couldn't tell ya the last time I bought a can of brake fluid, print very little from the 'puter, never use white out, and swore off the pepto and nyquil... when I get ta feelin puny I just hole up til it passes... had to give up ALL this stuff so's I could afford to keep drivin!!! LOL!!! ...D
 
I remember when a gallon of gas and a gallon of milk cost the same 32cents. How much is a gallon of milk today? Where I live it is close to $4.00!
 
Back in 1965/66, I was working in a Chevron gas station in my senior year in High School. Every week a guy would come in with his AC Cobra and fill up with the Chevron Custom Supreme gas......41 cents a gallon!!! I remember thinking; Well, I guess if he can afford a Cobra, he can afford that expensive gas.
Regular was 32 cents per gallon.
Boy, those really were the days.

Chuck
 
Funny I buy Sam's Clear its flavored water with diet sweetener and some bubbles added to it. Cost 50 cents per Liter that is less than $2.00 per gallon.

On the same shelf is plain water Avian included.
Walt
 
I have 2big RO machines at the carwash ,maybe I should be selling bottled water instead of using it for rinse water .
 
Don't forget that our (farmers') costs to produce that gallon keep going up. Fuel and fertilizer bills are more than double what they were 2 years ago. It's not nice to buy 1000 gallons of fuel at a time.
It's interesting to me to hear what people are paying for milk. At my end, the price is $17.50 per hundred weight (around $2.20 per gallon). It has been slipping for 3 months now, and is down more than 13% since January. Has it dropped at the consumers' end lately? Maybe you should question the manager at the store where you buy it.
 
(quoted from post at 20:24:53 04/07/08)It's interesting to me to hear what people are paying for milk. At my end, the price is $17.50 per hundred weight (around $2.20 per gallon).

$17.50 is your mail box price after add ons. Boy that has got to hurt. While my family has been out the business for many many years a local neighbor told me about 4 years ago that his out the door cost was about $13.00 and I am sure it is a lot higher now with high fuel and fertilizer cost.

I do not know why but I just figured the mail box price was around $20.00
Is the guaranty price still set at $12.50 or have they revamped that over the years???
 
Mailbox price was around $20 last fall. (I think it was near $21 for one check.) The media is good at reporting our "record high" prices, but ignore how soon it drops. Our so-called safty net (when the gov't starts buying) is $9.90. The MILC payments still start at $12.50, I think. Something like $.25 for each $1 below the trigger price.
 
Steam would be great, I have a steamboat I could remove the engine and boiler from to put in a truck, but if gas is that high I would have to cut the wood by hand or get a job for free coal at a local mine!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top