gas tractor

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I got the old Oliver 1550 out the other night and decided to take some advice I got on here, made some adjustments, warmed it up, and worked it. I put the 3-16 semi mounted on it and pulled it with ease in 1st and 2nd gear here in my Pennsylvania clay, rocks, and side hill soil. It ran great for about 20 minutes and then started to miss. I had non-foulers on it for my carbon issue and I pulled the plugs the next day. The four non-foulers and plugs on them had a very hot white appearance. The two plugs that did not have the non-foulers still looked like new. The plug that was in #6 had a melted electrode. Any of you guys running non-foulers may want to take them out before working hard. I installed a new set of 388's and the tractor runs great but still seems a little rich a low rpm's. If the 388's don't work is there a hotter plug than the 388 that would work?
 
you might have to live with it being rich at low rpms. i have a super 88 oliver and a cockshutt 40 that both run rich at low r"s but once i rev em up a bit they do good. ive tried hotter plugs but that just melts the electrodes so i live with the richness
 
Sounds like at full rpm, she is a bit lean...

That will probably burn away the carbon if she laods up a bit rich at idle. That carb got an idle air control you can lean out?

soundguy
 
As far as I know there is not an idle air control on the carborator. If there is one on a 1550 could someone tell me what to look for?
 
I'm not familiar with your carb. i know on ms carb.. like a 241 or tsx 33.. there is an idle air control..

soundguy
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top