GASKET SET QUESTION

ruschman

I bought a hydraulic lid gasket set from here and am having trouble figuring out where to put them.. There are two green fiber washers about 2.5 in od, and an o ring about the same size.
A key would have been nice, but maybe you folks can help me out.

Okay, here is what I learned.
The kiit is put together for about 37 different tractors. Not all pieces will be used for any tractor model. For instance, the gaskets for mounting the cylinder to the lid as in the TO20 (but not the 30) are included, but not the o ring which is used on the 30. (O ring size 13/161 1/161/8)
There are two leather washers and an o ring for the Ford piston, which is nice if you are converting to single groove, which I did. When i ordered my piston I also ordered the o ring and washer not realizing I already had them from this set. You only use one washer and I haven't found a use for the second one. Perhaps the drain, but it'd be pretty sloppy.

There are 2 gaskets for pump chambers to pump as in the TO20, but not the o rings for the 30s which don't use the gaskets.

Not insurmountable, but the key would have saved some time. Pleased with the set, though.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back