gear oil for Model A

redd720

Member
I am having trouble finding GL-1 gear oil. But i found at TSC, it has 90 weight GL-1 mineral gear oil. Is that right oil for model A? I am not using this tractor for working and pulling. I am using to play around with and joy riding.
Thanks
 
I think any standard (read cheap) 80-90 wt gear oil will be fine. Check Wal-Mart and others . If it helps, it is what I use for just pharting around, however, when I was farming, I used the same stuff, changed every year. HTH
 
These tractors aren"t that fussy most pullers with stroker cranks run motor oil in the rear simply because they have to cut the wall between crankcase and rear they don"t have any issues but there not drove a lot either. That being said any ole gear oil would suffice
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top