Gehl 162 disc mower

codyw

We just picked up a gehl 162 3 point disc mower. Never used anything like it but seems like a good machine. It needs a set of knives. I've googled it and comes up with left and right hand knives and I have no idea how many of each I need or even where they go. I assume some of the rotors turn the opposite direction but I don't know which one goes which way. Any help on how many of each blade to get and rotor direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here is a link to an online copy of an operator's manual, which will help you with setup, maintenance, and operation.

https://midtnequipment.com/content/...-Equipment/Mowers/162-165-operator-manual.pdf

To se what you need for knives, just bump it over or turn the PTO shaft in the proper direction by hand, and you will see which way each disc turns. Also look closely at the knives. Many have directional arrows on them. 6 discs? Two knives per disc? If 3 discs turn CW and 3 discs turn CCW you will need 6 of each knife (2 per disc) to change them all once. Buy extras and bolts for them.

No need to turn PTO, just know that the end discs will rotate towards the center and each disc next will operate the opposite direction! HTH, Dave

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back