generator belt on 1966 Cub lo boy and air cleaner too..

1966 CUB LOW BOY QUESTIONS;
A. I had a good fairly new generator belt just break [not sure why???] not to replace.. found a YouTube Video. WOW looks like i have to take off the whole Hood etc. and still not sure the new belt wil fit over fan.. and experience anyone with this.

B. alternative is to go in past the oil air filter. [which i see has not been cleaned lately- so i will anyway]
besides cleaning the Bowl with cloth and kerose how else is the inners of this cleaned out?
thanks
scott

The belt will fit over the fan just start it over one blade
then the next until it is over all 4 and just around the
pulley. As for the oil bath air cleaner just clean out the
cup and put in oil up to the level mark. Only in extreme
cases does the filter packing need cleaned. You are
posting in a topic section that is sort of the road less
traveled. Questions on your Cub would be best asked
on the Farmall and IHC topic section.

(quoted from post at 22:43:58 09/13/22) The belt will fit over the fan just start it over one blade
then the next until it is over all 4 and just around the
pulley. As for the oil bath air cleaner just clean out the
cup and put in oil up to the level mark. Only in extreme
cases does the filter packing need cleaned. You are
posting in a topic section that is sort of the road less
traveled. Questions on your Cub would be best asked
on the Farmall and IHC topic section.

MORNING. THANKS FOR THE REPLY [I WILL TRY AND FIND THT FARMALL AND IHC TOPIC SECTION YOU MENTION- ] IM STILL WORKING ON THAT PROJECT - I GOT THE HOOD OFF. - NOW, DANG, BUT I CANT GET THE NUT OFF [NOT SURE IF IT MAY BE A REVERSE THREAD ONE OR WHAT-THAT HOLDS THE FAN] THANKS.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back