gleaner f corn/soybean special

I just wondered if anyone could tell me what the difference is between a corn/soybean special and a regular f combine Also maybe some of the things I should check for besides chains and belts because I have already checked them out. The one I am looking at comes with a newer black 430 corn head, so is there anything that needs to be changed to make it work? Thanks
 
Very impressive list of changes on the F2, but some on the F would be walker risers, cast finger guides on the feeder beater instead of plastic, maybe walker screens, maybe roller chain on the elevators, maybe bin extension? Check your op manual for setting the cob shield, and also the curtain and filler panel if using a straw chopper. Without those in place, the cobs will tear the rear of the walkers to shreds. Retract the chopper teeth and set for slow speed. Follow the pre-delivery checklist before operating- good guide on lube and settings. Make sure you have the right drive sprockets on the machine countershaft, according to the corn head op manual.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top