Glenn D

Hi folks

I changed out the Glow system in m B275. one of the original plugs (closest to the front) had to be coaxed out a tiny bit at a time working it back and forth. the threads looked ok on the one I removed, I don't have a tap or a thread chaser for that size hole and the new glow plug won't quite thread all the way to the bottom. Needs another 3/4 or full turn to go all the way.the question is can I run it this way until I can get a tap into the hole? or am I stuck until the mll supply is open again?

Take the old plug and wire brush the threads. then use a hacksaw to cut grooves in it (like a tap or thread chaser) use some Penetrating oil, and run it in and out several times. Jim

I'd put some grease on a tap and fix the threads.
All you need is a standard spark-plug thread
chaser. Your glow plus use the same threads as
many full American spark plugs - even though your
engine is British and Indian.

You need a common spark-plug-thread-chaser (or
oxygen sensor ...) like this.
a173030.jpg

(quoted from post at 19:29:03 11/01/14) You need a common spark-plug-thread-chaser (or
oxygen sensor ...) like this.
a173030.jpg

Got it. Thanks but I really wanted to know if I could run it this way for a couple of days. I have ran it without trouble and will clean up the threads this week.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back