Gone and done it!

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I still don't know why, but last night I went and bought a barn full of old farm equipment. Got me a 1940 Allis WC, 1920's Oliver Superior #26 drill, Plow Master two bottom plow, and a Gleaner S combine. It's all been shedded, all still have original paint, decals, etc. Excited as can be, but have to wait until it dries up to get back to the barns they're in. I don't have any pictures - didn't bring a camera with me. Still not sure what I'm gonna do with it all, but I couldn't bring myself to break up the group. It's been on the same farm for at least 50 years, probably since most of it was new. I'll update when I find out more about them.
 
That Gleaner S will get some comments over on the combine board, I'm sure. My Grandpa had an Oliver drill until I was about 6 or 7 years old, might be like the one you bought. 8' wide, wood seed box, steel grass seed box with springy metal drop tubes, single disk if I remember right, and steel wheels that were about 4" wide and 3 1/2 - 4' tall.
 
here is some data from one of my books on the WC that may help you know a little more about the tractor.
Walt
<a href="http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/WaltDavies/?action=view&current=AllisWC.jpg" target="_blank">
AllisWC.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top