Goose Neck Trailer

Hobo,NC

A bud has this he says he brought it new and hauled a small mini dozer on it twice. The dozer is about the size of a average bobcat. If I had to guess its pushing 10K in weight. Its a 2002 model 16ft X 86" with two 5200 lb axles. The tires look like new I would say they will need replacing. It needs new wood my guess 14/15 2x8x16 plus two tires its ready for work.

I can get it for 2K add in the price to fix it up I am 3K into it I think I can sell it for 4/4500. What do you think...

If it was a 20 ft plus trailer it would already be here. Is it OK to haul a loader tractor with the bucket on the top of the tongue ? I am gonna press this issue a littler more how about a grapple 500lb on the tongue... Just a thought before I get stopped by YTDOT.

16Ft is a killer : ( BUT 3K is not gonna break me : )

mvphoto79549.jpg

mvphoto79550.jpg

Yes, you can haul with the bucket up on the tongue, just have to strap it down. Being that short is the downside for resale.

Agree with most the people here. Know what you want to get and get that. Cute little trailer but I can almost guarantee you will wish you got longer. Mine has a 5' dove tail and the ramps fold up to make it usable as flat bed. Think it is about 32' or 35' of bed. It still has limitations. You will want eventually to haul longer or more machinery and you are going to be out of room. Like buying a tool box go large or go home. Plus that is a lot of labor to get a less than ideal length of trailer. If you plan on hauling a skid steer and use this as a dedicated trailer for that only it would work. Your choice but I would think it out longer before jumping on it. Advice is worth what you paid for it. Regards, John.

I have a trailer like that, 16' goose neck but mine is 7k rated, it's a handy little trailer for moving a small tractor or hauling supplies, mine is presently loaded with corral panels I recently purchased, but it sets far more than my 20+5 tandem deck over.
I've offered mine to a few for $2000 with no takers and it has a steel floor and good tires.
Problem with a trailer that size is people that what one want a bumper hitch model and those setup for goose neck want a bigger trailer
For that 19 year old trailer needing a new floor and 4 new tires I'd offer $1200 and plan on keeping it for a long time
In other words if you don't want it for yourself leave it be, it's an odd ball

Will what you want to haul be able to fit and BALANCE as you would like it to? It looks to me that the axles are far enough back that you are going to need a real tow vehicle. Before you buy it, load it and try it out for a day. My first trailer didn't work for me and so I had to buy another. By time I got it fixed up, I wished that I had bought a new trailer.

A couple weeks ago a guy down on Tractor Transporting was looking for a short gooseneck. Something
like this might work for him.

I am probably gonna pass unless he offers it at a price I cannot turn down. I posted it over there.

Thanks much guys. Its a deal I can not lowball on he never lowballs me and I do like getting top dollar when I work for him so will wait it out...

Hobo if you see this will you please send me an e-mail.. I have a phone question.. Thanks Jerry

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back