trailer tire tube mismatch

Mad Farmer

Wasn't sure where to put this question?

I have a small trailer built from a boat trailer with S10 Chevy bed mounted on it. I use it for transporting materials around the property (leaves, wood, dirt....).

The tires are 15" with tubes and dry rotted. One just went flat. I have a good set of 225/15" Goodyear tires I can mount on the rims, but the rims are in kind of rough shape (rim leaks likely). Plan is to clean up the rims some and mount the tires using tubes.

Now my question. I have a set of new tubes for 205/14" tires. Will these stretch enough to use with the 15" rims/tires?

This trailer will never see the road and top speed is going to be determined by a 9N Ford or a TO-30 Ferguson.

I have used an epoxy to fill in rust pits on rims at the bead area to seal them for tubeless tires with some success in the past .They were on auger tires so no big movement and sets a lot during the year. They have been there for a few years now. Just can't pound on the rim when mounting it could crack the epoxy loose. I have also used silicone on the bead before the tire was inflated and let dry with the tire bead seated then inflate after drying time. Just seat beads then let flat again for a day.

(quoted from post at 19:38:15 11/03/23)
This trailer will never see the road and top speed is going to be determined by a 9N Ford or a TO-30 Ferguson.

Thanks for advice. Found out a friend has a tire machine. Will be changing tires tomorrow.

Mad. I owned a tire shop for 22+ years.
The tubes will stretch but the size tires
you are putting them in are rather large.
There is a very good chance the seams in
the tubes will split. Good luck.

Inflate the tubes outside the tire. It will not take long for you to see will see they will expand way larger than the tires you intend to put them in.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back