got a ride on green machine

bass

la
st weekend i went up to Kansas to get a short block for my M farmall. on the way home i stopped and watched one of those big green things harvesting corn. here in E. Texas the only crop grown is hay and very few watermelons. i was sitting on the bed of the truck just watching.

after a couple of rounds the green combine pulled over to the truck. i introduced my self to him and explained to him what i was doing. he asked if i would like to take a ride. i said "Ide love to".

I rode with him about 30 minutes. he filled the hopper then unloaded into his waiting semi.

this was a first for me and it ranks up their with shooting a M2 .50 cal the first time or going down range on a live fire range on an M-60a3 tank.....about the same feeling.

a first time for everything

bass

I know how you feel. I got a ride in a big one with a 40' bean head harvesting soybeans on my cousins acreage. It had 2 computer screens, one keeping track of how many bushels per acre being harvested at that exact spot, downloading info so they could come along later to fertilize the exact need for that spot! An amazing machine! The one I rode in was yellow.

(quoted from post at 12:42:35 09/30/18) la
st weekend i went up to Kansas to get a short block for my M farmall. on the way home i stopped and watched one of those big green things harvesting corn. here in E. Texas the only crop grown is hay and very few watermelons. i was sitting on the bed of the truck just watching.

after a couple of rounds the green combine pulled over to the truck. i introduced my self to him and explained to him what i was doing. he asked if i would like to take a ride. i said "Ide love to".

I rode with him about 30 minutes. he filled the hopper then unloaded into his waiting semi.

this was a first for me and it ranks up their with shooting a M2 .50 cal the first time or going down range on a live fire range on an M-60a3 tank.....about the same feeling.

a first time for everything

bass

LOL I lead my crew with taking "top gun" in 2/68 Ar on an M60A3 right after they started making us shoot the new gunnery standards made up for the M1. Hardly had anytime with a new gunner in the UCOFT and off to Graf we went. Great times!

Rick

As a former 19D, I'm shaking my head and rolling my eyes. Reliving the life at Graf, Hohenfels and other training areas.

We would always catch the tankers, asleep deep inside their M60's, feeling snug as a bug.

1/34 AR, 1/26 INF, 4/16 INF 1st Infantry Division. CONUS and Forward

AIFWIKIR! Scouts out!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back