grain drill

Mac / Wi

New User
I am going to look at 2 grain drills today. The advertisement did not include the make and model but one is a 3pt and the other is a 10ft trailer type. The advertisement also had the phrase"no grass". I am wondering if you could tell me what to watch for as I look at these and what the phrase, no grass means. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for you comments.
 
I would ASSUME it meeans the drill is lacking "grass seeder boxes", which are separate of the main drill hopper, and have their own metering feeds, made for TINY seeds, such as grass.
 
"no grass" means it does not have an attached grass seeder, which is designed to seed small grass seed, while the main box is designed primarily for grain seed. Some larger grass seeds need to be run through the bigger box, since the flutes (which meter the seed) on the grass seeder are too small. What to check? Clean inside and out indicates proper care. No old seed in the box, missing tubes between flutes and disc openers, wobbly openers need adjusting or replacing. Rate adjusting levers should slide.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top