Grass/Weed killer preventor

I mentioned a grass and weed killer I have used in the past for season long effect in a post below.

Well I went to Wal-Mart today with the wife and while I was there I looked at the stuff I used last year around my trees.
It is called Eliminator Extreme Weed and Grass Killer + preventer.
The active ingredients is Glyphosate for growing weed/grass and Prodiamine for pre-emergence.
It is sold/made by Gro-Tec Inc out of Ga.
I have only seen this stuff at Wal-Mart. My local Lowes and Home depot do not carry it.

While you can find Glyphosate anywhere Prodiamine is a little harder to find in strengts that are not listed on the restricted use pesticide list. Barricade 65WG Herbicide is the restricted trade name. It is also available in some weed and feed fertilizers but that seems like a waste of money to me when I am trying to kill everything.

At $19.99 for a small bottle that only covers at the most 5333 sq ft it is not cheep. But it did give me season long results. In fact the area under a couple of the trees are still bare today over a year later.
This is NOT a over night killer in fact it takes weeks for it to work.

I guess I should add a disclaimer that says your results may vary; and I most likely put it on a little heavy to make sure I had good coverage; It did work well for me.
So if you need a weed/grass killer that only works in the top few inches of the soil so it can be used around trees (unlike salt) you may want to give this stuff a try.

Hi John,
That sounds like pretty good stuff, especially since Round Up has gone up so much in price this year. I usually buy a 2.5 gallon jug and it lasts me a long time, but of course it has to be applied several times a year in our warm and humid weather here in far South Texas.
I also enjoyed reading about your salt and dish soap and vinegar mix for a long term ground sterilizer along fence rows etc. but not around trees or desirable plants. The only thing is, I might point out when using the salt mix you may end up killing metal fence posts such as T-Posts or galvanized poles. If you have wood fence posts that are set in concrete, that can be another issue as the salt seems to be hard on the concrete too.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back