Greasing plow coulters?

Tim in New York

Well-known Member
Location
Upstate New York
I bought a nice looking Case 6000 2 bottom plow this spring. The coulters were not on it - when I moved them into the shed yesterday I noticed that there looked to be grease around the hubs, but there was not a grease zerk visible. Do I have to dismantle these and pack them like old time trailer or tractor front hubs?
Thanks!
 
I bought a nice looking Case 6000 2 bottom plow this spring. The coulters were not on it - when I moved them into the shed yesterday I noticed that there looked to be grease around the hubs, but there was not a grease zerk visible. Do I have to dismantle these and pack them like old time trailer or tractor front hubs?
Thanks!
If they are original to the plow There is likely a manual for them with service required. if not, there is no way to predict, but I expect that is the case. The seals might also need replacement if grease is showing at the hub edges. jim
 
Take the hubs apart and drill and tap for a grease zerk. Unless you are plowing 40 acres with it no more than you are going to use it, just grease it until the grease comes out and again before parking it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top