H hydraulics

B T Riordan

New User
A friend of mine has purchased a nice H with a loader. Very nice little rig, but . . .The loader sinks, takes 1-2 minutes to drop to ground from high as it will go. Although he"s been "red" all his life, he"s never had one with hydraulics. Nothing leaks from cylinders or anywhere else. Where should he be looking for the problem, and how should he proceed?

Thank you!
 
You need to isolate the cylinder from the pump. E
asiest way is to put a quick disconnect in line.

Pick the loader up and unhook the line if it drops the cylinder is at fault. It is leaking internally. Just rebuild it.

If not the belly pump is at fault.
I have never taken a belly pump apart to repair. So I will let some one else help you with that part.

Joe
 
If it is a model 30 or 31 loader, you might could have oil bypassing the seals inside the cylinders.
Jim
 
My 31 loader used to do that until I repacked the cylinders. The parts set me back around $50 per cylinder from CNH and it took an afternoon to do. The only thing I did wrong was waiting so long to get it done.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top