H tie downs

Can anyone tell me what the tread size is on an H for the mounting holes on the frame above the front tires? I'm out of town from my tractor but I'd like to order a set of shackles to use as for a tie-down point during transportation.

Why buy them when you can just hook to the inside of the frame rail on the bottom side and pull down to the side of the trailer or I have also just hooked around the pedestal between the front wheels and pulled forward while pulling back at the drawbar the opposite way. Hooked on the bottom inside nobody can see hook marks unless they crawl under and look at a show and from 5 feet away nothing can be seen . Shackles with eye bolts being pulled off to the side of the eye bolt is a recipe for problems with the eye bolt breaking under load since they are designed to be pulled on straight endways from the eye. I also have hooked to the plate that has been added to the front steering where the 2 bolts hold it to the pedestal as a towing point on them. I would not use straps through the case hubs at either end they have rough casting mold marks that will chafe a strap through unless ground down smooth. I used to haul all over the country as a motor carrier by these methods. I also used to haul tractors up to the Mackinac bridge crossing for 10 years.

Why buy them when you can just hook to the inside of the frame rail on the bottom side and pull down to the side of the trailer or I have also just hooked around the pedestal between the front wheels and pulled forward while pulling back at the drawbar the opposite way. Hooked on the bottom inside nobody can see hook marks unless they crawl under and look at a show and from 5 feet away nothing can be seen . Shackles with eye bolts being pulled off to the side of the eye bolt is a recipe for problems with the eye bolt breaking under load since they are designed to be pulled on straight endways from the eye. I also have hooked to the plate that has been added to the front steering where the 2 bolts hold it to the pedestal as a towing point on them. I would not use straps through the case hubs at either end they have rough casting mold marks that will chafe a strap through unless ground down smooth. I used to haul all over the country as a motor carrier by these methods. I also used to haul tractors up to the Mackinac bridge crossing for 10 years.
I may have used the wrong terminology I was planning to use a hoist ring like the one pictured. The guys around me swear by them both for convenience and a solid mounting point.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317_180207_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_180207_Chrome.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 17
I may have used the wrong terminology I was planning to use a hoist ring like the one pictured. The guys around me swear by them both for convenience and a solid mounting point.
Swivel hoist rings for lifting. Installed properly and torqued they are rated and approved for overhead lifting. Because the bail can align with the pull on them, they are not derated as eyebolts are when loaded at an angle.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back