Harvest Done

rusty6

Been a long process but we finished up the last load of canola on Oct. 20. Considering the combine came out of the shed on Sept. 11 thats a long time. Weather
holdups and machinery problems as well as extremely hard swaths of canola is what I'm blaming it on. Two combines but I never had more than one working at a
time. Between the IH 1660 and John Deere 7721 pull type they got the job done. Luckily winter held off long enough. Just a bit of video of the finish here.
Last day of harvest

i got done on the 16th. yes long and drawn out .mine was on the ground for almost 4 weeks. trying to get the greens ripen , at least the yield was good . and to day i planted the garlic in the snow as the ground is white now. as i said before early winter is here.

(quoted from post at 16:09:34 10/22/23) i got done on the 16th. yes long and drawn out .mine was on the ground for almost 4 weeks. trying to get the greens ripen , at least the yield was good . and to day i planted the garlic in the snow as the ground is white now. as i said before early winter is here.

This last field of mine had been swathed almost six weeks. No problem with green but it just took me that long to get to it with weather and breakdowns holdups.
No snow here yet but some fine rain stating up this evening. It was a quet, cloudy and above normal temp day so I got some water hauling done with the old IH truck.
mvphoto111056.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back