Hazy instrument cluster cover problem

rrman61

Well-known Member
The plexiglass?that covers the instrument panel on my LS 5055 is really cloudy.is there anything that actually works on something like that?
 
Is it moisture inside that is fogging it or is it on the outside?
It looks like outside and sun damage.similar to what car headlight lens’s do.there’s a bunch of stuff on the market.I’m looking for something that works .experience with this problem???
 
It looks like outside and sun damage.similar to what car headlight lens’s do.there’s a bunch of stuff on the market.I’m looking for something that works .experience with this problem???
I've buffed out a lot of headlights using headlight restore compound or even just automotive buffing compound. You can do it by hand but a buffing bonnet on a polisher or 7 inch grinder makes it go fast. I can do a pair of headlights in 5 minutes. A buffing wheel on a drill works too, just takes a little longer than a buffer. I would think that your cluster would be a lot the same as plastic headlights.
I've used Wipe New on headlights too. It works if the damage isn't too deep.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top