Hd800 potential

MMG1954

New User
Hi. Putting together an hd800 gvi tractor. Engine stock , will it have enough power to run 3rd gear in a 10,000 pound class or should I be just focusing on lightening it ? Hoping it weighs about 7500, weld on hubs , pressed steel wheels , small fenders . Thanks

Hi. Putting together an hd800 gvi tractor. Engine stock , will it have enough power to run 3rd gear in a 10,000 pound class or should I be just focusing on lightening it ? Hoping it weighs about 7500, weld on hubs , pressed steel wheels , small fenders . Thanks
I don't think so. You need to get down to at least 6000. Use a front end you can carry. Use s early U rear and trans. Fiberglass front grill. Have seen them on you tube with no grill at all.

Depends on conditions. Light sled and loose track, it will do it. Heavy skid, not a chance.

7500 should be very doable. There are several around here that run 7500 lb and they are not wild builds. My stock G707 with light cast wheels is just over 8000.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back