Heavy Duty Condenser---John T?

TSX

New User
I need a heavy duty condenser to go with the hot coil for my Wico XH909 Magneto. Where can I purchase a heavy duty condenser? None of the condensers that I have seen so far have the mfd ratings marked on them. Thanks to all who reply.
 
I have a very hot mag with hot coil & hardcore magnets in it & use it often, for long periods of time, for several yrs now & its condenser & points are stock, no troubles.
 
I have a tester what MFD do you want? Just use the cond. for the XHD.I just checked 3- X6916 Wico 2 were .40 one was .50. The 5-5029 Wico Coil was to be teamed with with the X11818 with the capacity of .58-.62 mfd. X11818 was discontiued in 1980 & the 2-5007 was used witch is the same as X6916. Email if you need help.
 
Im not at home where I have more data but best I recall you want the X6916 (5007 I think) which is more like 0.30 to 0.35 mfd you DO NOT want the Wico C condensor which is more like 0.16 to 0.20. The Hot coil is the XHD coil with more inductance and it requires a higher mfd condensor.

NOTE Duane and myself were never convinced teh hot coil gained all that much if any since it was for the higher magnetic strength rotor which isnt used on the X mags. I dont see it as hurting anything and there could be some mininAL advanatge using the hot coil PROVIDED YOU MATCH IT TO THAT HIGHER MFD CONDENSOR of at least 0.25 up to 0.34 mfd condensor.

John T
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top