help ID this engine

Deadeye1

New User
I have an old ONAN,2 cyl diesel engine w/generator. it came off an old boat. the only numbers I can find on the block are P2178 and P2223 (Casting numbers) and 009 (Stamped). Where can I go to find out what I have?
 
If nothing turns up here, you might try:
oldmarineengine.com if it was a boat rig, as you think, or
the generator/welder forum or the antique diesel engine forum on smokstak: they have lots of Onan posts and users. Good luck.
 
Looks like an Onan FAQ thread has been started on the Onan generator sub-forum on smokstak; should have a wealth of info for Onan owners.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top