Help ! Need to identify a large heavy duty brush cutter

Ok so I m looking at a pull type rotary cutter , found one for a good price but have no clue of brand or model and seller does not either. Lol (that's my luck)
This is about 8 feet wide , hydraulic raise and lower single ram. Has extra blades for it. The one issue is the slip clutch is about at end of its life , it does work but has clutch disc material coming apart.
Gear box is very tight little to no play , no leaks , u-joints are all in good shape. Hydro line could use attention but workable.
Any help on identifying this beast ! Much appreciated.
mvphoto84308.jpg

mvphoto84309.jpg

mvphoto84310.jpg

mvphoto84311.jpg

Industrial yellow paint, construction of gearbox/slip clutch & rear axle reassemble Servis. I don't remember that type of hitch design on a Servis G84.

I remember picking up new Servis equipment & parts on West Singleton Blvd in Dallas back in the 60's. Shear pins came in a small gunny sack.

Cutter in photo has shear pin not slip clutch on driveline
mvphoto84350.png

This post was edited by Tx Jim on 11/11/2021 at 03:27 am.

(quoted from post at 10:36:11 11/10/21) Ok so I m looking at a pull type rotary cutter , found one for a good price but have no clue of brand or model and seller does not either. Lol (that's my luck)
This is about 8 feet wide , hydraulic raise and lower single ram. Has extra blades for it. The one issue is the slip clutch is about at end of its life , it does work but has clutch disc material coming apart.
Gear box is very tight little to no play , no leaks , u-joints are all in good shape. Hydro line could use attention but workable.
Any help on identifying this beast ! Much appreciated.
mvphoto84308.jpg

mvphoto84309.jpg

mvphoto84310.jpg

mvphoto84311.jpg

I hope that Ford tractor in the background doesn't have to run that thing too long, unless it's just clipping either low grass or a thin stand of brambles. An eight foot cutter going through tall grass is a LOAD on the PTO. I ran a seven footer with a Ford 4000, and that was a nice match. An eight footer would start to strain it.

I hope that Ford tractor in the background doesn't have to run that thing too long, unless it's just clipping either low grass or a thin stand of brambles. An eight foot cutter going through tall grass is a LOAD on the PTO. I ran a seven footer with a Ford 4000, and that was a nice match. An eight footer would start to strain it.[/quote]

Haha definitely would the little guy for sure , thus cutter will be towed behind my 6600 or 7000 tractors. I have a sickness that started with my 4000su now I can't seem to stop picking up the "too good of a deal to pass up" offers. My barn,shed and yard is filling up with the additions lol.

74 4000su
88 3910
80 6600
75 7000
71 8000
49 farmall cub
50 farmall cub
55 farmall m
53 farmall h
78 MF 50c
92 case 480f LL skip loader/landscape loader

Is there any help !? Or doomed to find more land to hide these from the other half lol

Oooooh... Ford 8000. I always liked the proportions of the 8000 and 9000 tractors. Never drove one, but I bet they would be nice baling tractors for a small square baler. Or to run a 10' discbine.

(quoted from post at 07:06:42 11/12/21) Oooooh... Ford 8000. I always liked the proportions of the 8000 and 9000 tractors. Never drove one, but I bet they would be nice baling tractors for a small square baler. Or to run a 10' discbine.

That big girl is my favorite to run in the fields. Huge open platform for operator super easy on you and she purrs like a kitten lol. Had a 25 foot batwing mower behind her for a short while , tractor didn't even know it was back there... lol.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back