Help on the value of a 1973 Oliver Model 1955 diesel

I"d like some help in pricing a 1973 Model 1955 Oliver Diesel Tractor with Hiniker 1300 Cab. Ser #239049-692, Model 699-22181. It was my father-in-law"s tractor for over 20 years. I inherited it when he passed away a year ago. I"ve used it the last four years with a Bush Hog to mow our waterways. It starts easily and runs good in the normal field work months. It would need an engine heater for winter use. The hydraulic pump was replaced/rebuilt in October 2003 per the sticker on it. The over/under variable drive works fine in all gear ranges. The rear tires are Goodyear radials and are in excellent condition, with no weather cracks and plenty of tread. They are filled with fluid. The front tires also have good tread, but one has a cut across the tread. (It holds air fine). The tractor has always been outside and the paint is poor. However the metal is decent and rust is pretty minor. The hour meter shows 2,385 hours, but it has not worked for a long time. I"m guessing it did work when he bought the tractor from the local dealer. He only had 70 tillable acres and did not actively farm so he did not put a lot of additional hours on it over the years. He always used Mobil 1 synthetic oil in the engine and changed it regularly. It does not use any oil. I've decided to sell it since I don"t need a tractor this large for the limited use I have for it. I'm near Des Moines. I know this is a tough question without seeing it, but I would appreciate any thoughts on what I should be asking for it or where I should be looking for pricing help. Is $7,500 reasonable, or way too high or low? (Sorry, I have no clue how to attach a picture). Thanks, Jerry

depending on the market for them where you are at. seems alright. might be a tad high but you can wait for your price since you arent in any hurry

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back