Help - Using 8N Pull Type Brush Hog

jtroll

New User
I inherited a Ford 8N and brush hog from my dad when he died. I tool off the Woods belly mower that he had on it since I need to cut some heavy grasses.

I couldn't tell you what brand this brush hog is but I know its a pull type and I know my dad used it for years and years. I cant seem to find the draw bar anywhere in his barn so I am going to go ahead and buy a new one. I remember him using a cross draw bar, never a swinging draw bar that mounts under the tractor.

Is a cross draw bar the correct way to go with this? Is there anything else that I should be aware of before hooking the mower up? Any other parts or chains that I may need? I believe we have a pair of stabilizing bars as well.

Anything helps! Just looking for any advice here. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • Brush Hog.jpg
    Brush Hog.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 142
SAFETY ALERT make sure you have an over running device on the PTO. Fly wheel effect of shredder will keep pushing you when clutch is disengaged without one until you get transmission or PTO out of gear.
 
I inherited a Ford 8N and brush hog from my dad when he died. I tool off the Woods belly mower that he had on it since I need to cut some heavy grasses.

I couldn't tell you what brand this brush hog is but I know its a pull type and I know my dad used it for years and years. I cant seem to find the draw bar anywhere in his barn so I am going to go ahead and buy a new one. I remember him using a cross draw bar, never a swinging draw bar that mounts under the tractor.

Is a cross draw bar the correct way to go with this? Is there anything else that I should be aware of before hooking the mower up? Any other parts or chains that I may need? I believe we have a pair of stabilizing bars as well.

Anything helps! Just looking for any advice here. Thanks!
Swinging draw bar would be the best way to go. Other wise if you use the 3 point type draw bar you need to install stay bars so the front of the brush hog can not come up and throw stuff into your head/back which could be deadly
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top