Help with identifying my tractor

Ken Bryant

New User
Howdy, Can someone help me decode my tractor? It doesn't seem to have the serial numbers on the engine I am finding on line that are supposed to be there. Maybe some of the parts have been swapped over the years. I need to buy a few parts for it to insatll a front loader I bought and while digging around on that project I noticed a few other items that should be corrected.
I found to sets of numbers on the engine block. On the right side is 310609. On the left is 641 then below that is163268.
Any help is much appreciated!

(quoted from post at 10:20:02 09/17/22) Howdy, Can someone help me decode my tractor? It doesn't seem to have the serial numbers on the engine I am finding on line that are supposed to be there. Maybe some of the parts have been swapped over the years. I need to buy a few parts for it to insatll a front loader I bought and while digging around on that project I noticed a few other items that should be corrected.
I found to sets of numbers on the engine block. On the right side is 310609. On the left is 641 then below that is163268.
Any help is much appreciated!

1962 Ford 641

https://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/2/3/234-ford-641.html

[quTote="nashranch"](reply to post at 11:05:40 09/17/22) [/quote]
Thank you. Mine does not look like that at all. The guy I bought it from said it was a 68. Is that possible? Or do you think the motor might have been swapped at some point? I need to buy the pulley for the front of the motor that will except the splined shaft that turns the auxiliary pump to power the bucket hydraulics.

Thank you. Mine does not look like that at all. The guy I bought it from said it was a 68. Is that possible? Or do you think the motor might have been swapped at some point? I need to buy the pulley for the front of the motor that will except the splined shaft that turns the auxiliary pump to power the bucket hydraulics.[/quote] just did that on my Ford 2000... bought parts needed from Walts tractor

Thank you. Mine does not look like that at all. The guy I bought it from said it was a 68. Is that possible? Or do you think the motor might have been swapped at some point? I need to buy the pulley for the front of the motor that will except the splined shaft that turns the auxiliary pump to power the bucket hydraulics.[/quote] just did that on my Ford 2000... bought parts needed from Walts tractor

Thanks, I'll give them a call on Monday. I hate to bolt the coupler on that beat up old pulley, So I want to get that done before I mount the loader.
Have a good weekend and thanks again for the help.

On the left is 641 then below that is 163268.

Those numbers are stamped into a flat spot on the transmission bell hosing, not the engine. 641 is the model number. The 641 was made from late 1957 through 1962. 163268 is the serial number, which would make it a 1962 tractor. Ford introduced completely different tractors in 1965, so a 1962 engine and/or transmission will not bolt up to a 1968 tractor. Please post a few more posts until you get to 10 posts, and then you can post some pictures of your tractor so we can help you identify it.

Thanks Sean, The Paint on mine is blue with white accent. The body panels are squared off like what I have seen on a 2000 or 30000
series. I'll grab a couple of pictures. Is there particular views that would help?

I am in the process of mounting a frontend loader and the pulley that the coupler for the auxiliary pump is in pretty rough shape. It
will most likely chew up the belt if not replaced. I want to find a new or good used pulley.

One more post here, trying to get to 10....
I noticed there are aftermarket wiring harnesses out there. The wiring on mine could use some TLC. But it starts right up and runs
well.

If it has those numbers on the transmission and it has squared off sheet metal, then some previous owner did a lot of work to bring the sheet metal and tractor together. Once you are able to post pictures, please post several of the tractor from all angles. I'm curious as to what different parts it has cobbled together.

Walt's hooked me up with the pulley I needed. Sounds like they have what I need for a few other things I would like to take care of
also. Looks like I will have to tackle a front axle pivot pin before I can put the original fan and fan shroud back on. It gets hot
down here in the summer and I need to have the cooling system working correctly. Thanks for the tip

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back