Need help identifying farmall

Hey guys,
Ive been recently wanting to find an old farmall and do a ground up restoration next fall winter. I came across one today but im not very good at identifying them especially since the hood is missing lol. But i took a few pics and needed some help on what exactly im looking at here. These are all that i took. But if needed more i could grab them tomorrow. Thanks

Attachments

• 20240220_135803.jpg
    20240220_135803.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 174
  • 20240220_135759.jpg
    20240220_135759.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 174
  • 20240220_135757.jpg
    20240220_135757.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 168
  • 20240220_135754.jpg
    20240220_135754.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 167
Check Bell housing left side for aluminum tag with model and serial number. possible engine Model & serial on machined pad, top of block near front, right side (below head).
The 4 holes for the riveted Serial # plate is an indication that it is missing. It is a plain H. The casting numbers, and the engine serial can point to an approximate month, and year. Band Brakes, starter position, and steering shaft angle are indicators. Not a Super H. Jim

Hey guys,
Ive been recently wanting to find an old farmall and do a ground up restoration next fall winter. I came across one today but im not very good at identifying them especially since the hood is missing lol. But i took a few pics and needed some help on what exactly im looking at here. These are all that i took. But if needed more i could grab them tomorrow. Thanks
Where are you located? I have running driving, super C I would sell reasonably in Sylacauga, AL

Attachments

• 1000013820.jpg
    1000013820.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 34
Hey guys,
Yep. H.. I had a 52.

Hello ChandlerFarms, welcome to YT! Roughly during the era your tractor was manufactured 1939 through the early 50s International Harvester made the Farmall the Cub, A, B, C, H and M. The larger two the H and M were the more general “farm” tractors. The Cub, A & B were in my opinion were smaller and more suited to specialty crops like vegetables and tobacco. The C came later in 48 and was a middle of the road size between the two groups. Your H and the larger M are very similar just the M is larger. In fact I have heard that many of the M parts were sized by simply taking an H technical drawing and increase the dimensions by a percentage. Not sure that is a 100 percent true but the similarities are definitely there. Thus the mention of particular items people look for when trying to differentiate between an H and an M in photos. In person to anyone familiar withuuù the two are easily distinguishable. One item I use to tell between them is the clutch and brake pedals. On the H they are nearly straight, on an M they have a very distinct curve. See the photo of my 48 M. My question is do you have the hood, manifold and carburetor? Is your engine free to where you can turn it? If not you could probably pick up another whole complete tractor at a farm auction for somewhere between three to five hundred dollars. Here is a link to a site with some general info about the Farmall H, you’ll see a letter M that will take you to info for the Farmall M.
Farmall H on tractor data
The other photo shows where your serial number tag should be. You won’t know the serial number of the tractor, but by looking at the casting codes will give you the year that is all you need to know.

Attachments

• IMG_0631.jpeg
    IMG_0631.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3951.jpeg
    IMG_3951.jpeg
    627.1 KB · Views: 28

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back