Help with MF no10 small sq baler please

trains

Hi Chaps,
Was happily baling yesterday when the chain for the pick up drum broke, and then wrapped itself around the 2 other sprockets that drive the packer gearbox, and the plunger met the packer fingers and bent the packer arm and its all locked up.

Question is.
Can I remove the Packer arm from the gearbox by removing the drive sprocket off the shaft, and will it just slide out the other side of the g box, or do I have to take the whole box apart to do so.
I hope to have the packer arm straightened once out, and am yet to see what else may have been damaged in the process.

So much for finishing the hay before the rain today.

Any suggestions, advice is appreciated.

Cheers

T

Yes...if it's the gear box on top of the pickup that runs the feeder/packer forks it should should slide out. I had a #9 apart years ago and seemed to me there wasn't any trick to it.

Thank you for your reply, sorry I have not gotten back sooner, our internet stopped working for over a week.

once the rain stops, will go back out and continue to work on it.
so much for getting it all in before the rain, grrrr.

Thanks, just an update, I was not able to repair it before the rain, so all the windrows went rotten, so now its been put back a bit on the repair list for now.
Looks like the pick up chain broke, wrapped itself around the lower central gear, which took out the bearings in that gear, which affected the timing, and plunger hit the packer fingers, and bent that shaft, so putting together a list of bits and hoping to be able to find what I need.

Will update as things progress, again, thanks for the help, much appreciated.

T

Sounds like it may be easier and cheaper to just buy another older baler than trying to fix that one.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back