here's my choice...

jose bagge

Well-known Member
Was just given a Isuzu turbo deisel 4wd pickup- body/fram shot, driveline solid.
repower the Satoh 650G making it all Jap?
Or plug the whole drivetrain under an old military flat fender jeep I have?
Have more cars/trucks/ toys than I have working tractors, and the 650 has a rod knock...but this is one of the few vehicles that would make a great donor for the jeep, too (axle widths plus coolness factor)...
 
A turbo diesel jeep sounds very nice.With $4+ diesel a 4 cylinder sounds even better.Wish my Ford IDI diesel could get that kind of milage!
 
I'd put the transplant the entire thing into your Jeep. I've always wanted a diesel Jeep, just make sure it fits under the hood. Getting it into your tractor would be kind of a pain, plus you most likely would not have a governor, which is pretty much essential to good operation for a tractor.
 
Look's like it's gonna be a nice fit...axles are almost the exact same width...I'm gonna go spring-over-axle when I do the swap.
Those shackles on the old military jeep look like a "weak link"- got any insight into that?
 
Yes scrap them, and use straight shackles. New polyurethane bushings, on the fixed end, and both pieces of the pivoted shackle end as well.
The shackle needs to have the through bolts fixed into one side to limit it from getting crooked. JimN
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top