Hesston Drive Gear/Sprocket Part Number?

JDgirl23

New User
Hi all,

I lost the drive gear/sprocket on my Hesston mower. Everyone I call about parts can't help me unless I have a part number or a serial number for the machine. The gear is lost in the field, I spent hours looking for it and can't find it. I know the mower is a Hesston but all the stickers are long gone, and I've looked all over it for a serial plate and can't find it...the mower has been repainted several times so I'm sure someone just scraped it off at some point.

Does anyone know what this part is called/what the number might be? Or where my serial plate might be? Or even what model mower I have? I did download a Hesston manual for the model I thought I had, but it doesn't seem to have what I need.

Feeling stuck as we've been having bad hay weather in my area and now I can't mow even if we do have good weather. Appreciate any and all help!

Sorry, every time I have tried to post a photo, either in the main post or in replies, it's rejected my post for "spammy language."

I did find a better manual and I think what I am missing is part 7850662. I just ordered one and will report back if it does the trick, maybe this post will help someone else in the future!

Old and Hesston, I'm guessing a PT-7 or PT-10, depending on whether it's a 7 foot or 9 foot width, and that the sprocket you lost is the small one that drives the reel.
If you're lucky there is one that will fit on one of the bolts that holds the guard on on the outer end of the machine. It should be either an 8 or 10 tooth sprocket,
with the 8 used for most mowing and the 10 used for shorter crops when you wanted the reel to turn faster. Used to change every year to the 10 tooth for cutting second
and third cutting. Sorry I can't help more, but that's my guess.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back