Dick L

Well-known Member
I installed the new valve guides this forenoon. the head had the heavy brass core plugs which I thought would be fine. While heating the head to install the guides I found pin holes in two so I removed all of them. The delivered the guides and exhaust seats but not the intake seats. After measuring the seats I found that this head was not a candidate for over sized valves. When I first started to check this head out before milling the head and opening up the ports I had cleaned up the rust pits in the seats. This removed enough material that I would have to open up the firing chamber to fit over sized seats in. In doing that it would take counter measures to the sleeves and gasket which would take this project out of average pocket book range. Standard valves along with what I milled off the head will make it bark a little louder than the average B.

AllisBHead014-vi.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top