Hi Lo range shift lever

I have a Yanmar ym2200. The hi lo range shift lever broke in the transmission. I have retreived the broken peice and ordered a new one from Hoye tractor. I cannot get new lever into its spot. I have now split tractor directly in front of gear shift. Do I need to remove gears from trans., and if so, how?

Yes I'm talking about #22. I don't know if ym2000 is different than a ym2200 inside of the transmission or not but I welded the old one together then ground so much as I don't feel safe reinstalling it. So I purchased new part and would like to get it back in like it was from factory. LIke I mentioned earlier tractor is split now. Any info on how to remove gears or do I just need to wing it like I've done so far? My dads old tractor and I'm kinda nnalert on things!!!!

I don't know for certain but guessing the 240 service manual would be the closest to your 2200. I think Hoye sells the manual for the 2200 for around $50. You can also buy an I&T manual that covers the 240 for around $30.

Personally, I would grind the new part down as Doug did in the attached thread. At least I think I would. If I was actually there I might change my mind. Your the boss so do what you are comfortable with.

Any idea why the lever was broken to start with? That lever should never be forced. Many times the clutch might have to be let out a little in order to align gear teeth. If they are not aligned no amount of forcing will engage them.

Breakage of that part has been fairly common over the years. I have read of several repairs, all about the same, with grinding. A repair known as "Inspect and repair as necessary". I recall a guy years ago that figured out how to install without grinding but have no idea how without hands-on.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back