Hitch question

300guy

Member
What is the standard height of the hitch on an H or M with the swinging draw bar? I need a reference distance so I can use that to set my 2 point hitch for my implements?
 
14 to 16 inches, but much depends on tire size and implement a mold board plow drops the tire in the furrow. Adjust it so the weight transfer works, and the implement pulls as it should. Jim
 
4% lidocaine is very effective on itches. For the more stubborn kind, like poison ivy, get some prednisone from your doctor ;)
WHAT???????????? A helpful answer would have been a better replay!!! Yes I know after I posted it I missed the H.
 
What is the standard height of the hitch on an H or M with the swinging draw bar? I need a reference distance so I can use that to set my 2 point hitch for my implements?
The H drawbar can be set to 11 7/8", 13 3/8", 14 7/8", 16 3/8" & 17 7/8" on 10"x38" tires. Your FH is supposed to be set to the rigid position, with the links out of the lift arms, especially for tillage & hard pulling. That height is pretty much fixed, so you have to set your equipment to that. The manuals for your equipment will tell you if a specific drawbar height is necessary. For my plow & springtooth, it's recommended to have the drawbar as low as possible (without picking up debris with the pin). Unless noted otherwise, PTO equipment should be set so the shaft runs level to the ground & parallel to the drawbar. Mind your PTO shaft length when using the FH drawbar, as it is set in further than the swinging hitch. Make sure your adapter plate is the right length for what you need to keep the shaft length to spec.

Mike
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top