how about a Will

Not Sure You guys want to read this mess . Farming
Is Going Smooth and we did good financially. . But,
It has been a horrible yr. here family wise . My wife
lost her sister and mother this spring. and then had
major back surgery .
And then i lost 2 great pals that my sisters loved in
separate events that had heart failure in common.
Plus several long time friends have passed on to.
All these great tall oak great americans droppin dead
has made me realize my 30 yr old will with my 1st wife
needs fixed Asap. My wife of 18 yrs is entitled to
half of everything in the wonderful state of Indiana
.. my 4 children get the other half ,,. I get that ..
So do my children. Trouble is My wife over the yrs has
been sending different messages about our final days
and what little she wants ,. She refused to go with
me for the initial visit with my attorney. We talked
over several times , She just wanted all the cash to
leave USA , to go back and live in Sicily with her
sister .a couple weeks ago , She had no quarrel on
land Equipment and what they produced, THAT will all
go to My kids. Since Nov.8th our family lost 2
wonderful men in seperate sudden death incidents.I
Blame the EVIL shot for weakening their immunity and
Mine as well. dear God I feel like i have aged 20 in
the last 2 yrs and it all started from that damshot.
And All of us ending up getting that CHIT anyways.i
nearly died from it and i still have trouble breathing
So, Today I spent most the daylite hours making wood
with My sisters Neighbors Who Came to help her and her
adult children .We ALL Had a Wonderful time and filled
the wood shed to the roof top.So Life ALIVE is Great,
But the hereafter for my kids I, dont Know,. I came
home and that little Italian was in a tizzy, in 2
weeks I meet the attorney again ,Now She wants
everything the law will allow , she is taking
it!..That will most certainly push into a auction of
the land ,,. I would not mind selling the equipment
and splitting proceeds , But I dont want My kids To
have to sell land. . Again My wife dont want to go
see the attorney. and frankly i would like to keep it
that way. These sort of settlements seem to send her
into orbit of irrational thinking. the big D word
came up tonight. and that just blows me away .And i
realize it is true, a man is only loved as long as he
is bringing in the bacon , ,So Now I let her simmer
down. But Golly GeeZ , I did not have near the
heartache making the money, nurturing and building
everthing up as i do now feel from breaking it all
down. She personally wants to take the money run and
hide and never come back .. My 1st wife was just as
bad at this sort of business thinking ,..Golly There
is something wrong with their thinking . It seems that
God set this whole husband and wife and family to fail
,Unless You were extremely Lucky. and worked your tail
off in diplomacy. i just hope my good attorney can
wade thru all this. . .
 
I too go for a Trust < I don`t know about Indiana , but in Az. a Trust can`t be contested , But a Will can .
Get you a Lawyer to draw it up . Good Luck .


Azpeaspicker
 
Not Sure You guys want to read this mess . Farming
Is Going Smooth and we did good financially. . But,
It has been a horrible yr. here family wise . My wife
lost her sister and mother this spring. and then had
major back surgery .
And then i lost 2 great pals that my sisters loved in
separate events that had heart failure in common.
Plus several long time friends have passed on to.
All these great tall oak great americans droppin dead
has made me realize my 30 yr old will with my 1st wife
needs fixed Asap. My wife of 18 yrs is entitled to
half of everything in the wonderful state of Indiana
.. my 4 children get the other half ,,. I get that ..
So do my children. Trouble is My wife over the yrs has
been sending different messages about our final days
and what little she wants ,. She refused to go with
me for the initial visit with my attorney. We talked
over several times , She just wanted all the cash to
leave USA , to go back and live in Sicily with her
sister .a couple weeks ago , She had no quarrel on
land Equipment and what they produced, THAT will all
go to My kids. Since Nov.8th our family lost 2
wonderful men in seperate sudden death incidents.I
Blame the EVIL shot for weakening their immunity and
Mine as well. dear God I feel like i have aged 20 in
the last 2 yrs and it all started from that damshot.
And All of us ending up getting that CHIT anyways.i
nearly died from it and i still have trouble breathing
So, Today I spent most the daylite hours making wood
with My sisters Neighbors Who Came to help her and her
adult children .We ALL Had a Wonderful time and filled
the wood shed to the roof top.So Life ALIVE is Great,
But the hereafter for my kids I, dont Know,. I came
home and that little Italian was in a tizzy, in 2
weeks I meet the attorney again ,Now She wants
everything the law will allow , she is taking
it!..That will most certainly push into a auction of
the land ,,. I would not mind selling the equipment
and splitting proceeds , But I dont want My kids To
have to sell land. . Again My wife dont want to go
see the attorney. and frankly i would like to keep it
that way. These sort of settlements seem to send her
into orbit of irrational thinking. the big D word
came up tonight. and that just blows me away .And i
realize it is true, a man is only loved as long as he
is bringing in the bacon , ,So Now I let her simmer
down. But Golly GeeZ , I did not have near the
heartache making the money, nurturing and building
everthing up as i do now feel from breaking it all
down. She personally wants to take the money run and
hide and never come back .. My 1st wife was just as
bad at this sort of business thinking ,..Golly There
is something wrong with their thinking . It seems that
God set this whole husband and wife and family to fail
,Unless You were extremely Lucky. and worked your tail
off in diplomacy. i just hope my good attorney can
wade thru all this. . .
I would highly recommend a trust and get to the bank tomorrow morning. Good luck. RB
 
Not Sure You guys want to read this mess . Farming
Is Going Smooth and we did good financially. . But,
It has been a horrible yr. here family wise . My wife
lost her sister and mother this spring. and then had
major back surgery .
And then i lost 2 great pals that my sisters loved in
separate events that had heart failure in common.
Plus several long time friends have passed on to.
All these great tall oak great americans droppin dead
has made me realize my 30 yr old will with my 1st wife
needs fixed Asap. My wife of 18 yrs is entitled to
half of everything in the wonderful state of Indiana
.. my 4 children get the other half ,,. I get that ..
So do my children. Trouble is My wife over the yrs has
been sending different messages about our final days
and what little she wants ,. She refused to go with
me for the initial visit with my attorney. We talked
over several times , She just wanted all the cash to
leave USA , to go back and live in Sicily with her
sister .a couple weeks ago , She had no quarrel on
land Equipment and what they produced, THAT will all
go to My kids. Since Nov.8th our family lost 2
wonderful men in seperate sudden death incidents.I
Blame the EVIL shot for weakening their immunity and
Mine as well. dear God I feel like i have aged 20 in
the last 2 yrs and it all started from that damshot.
And All of us ending up getting that CHIT anyways.i
nearly died from it and i still have trouble breathing
So, Today I spent most the daylite hours making wood
with My sisters Neighbors Who Came to help her and her
adult children .We ALL Had a Wonderful time and filled
the wood shed to the roof top.So Life ALIVE is Great,
But the hereafter for my kids I, dont Know,. I came
home and that little Italian was in a tizzy, in 2
weeks I meet the attorney again ,Now She wants
everything the law will allow , she is taking
it!..That will most certainly push into a auction of
the land ,,. I would not mind selling the equipment
and splitting proceeds , But I dont want My kids To
have to sell land. . Again My wife dont want to go
see the attorney. and frankly i would like to keep it
that way. These sort of settlements seem to send her
into orbit of irrational thinking. the big D word
came up tonight. and that just blows me away .And i
realize it is true, a man is only loved as long as he
is bringing in the bacon , ,So Now I let her simmer
down. But Golly GeeZ , I did not have near the
heartache making the money, nurturing and building
everthing up as i do now feel from breaking it all
down. She personally wants to take the money run and
hide and never come back .. My 1st wife was just as
bad at this sort of business thinking ,..Golly There
is something wrong with their thinking . It seems that
God set this whole husband and wife and family to fail
,Unless You were extremely Lucky. and worked your tail
off in diplomacy. i just hope my good attorney can
wade thru all this. . .
Interesting post ..... I assume that when you and wife #1 split, that was all settled up and put to bed financially. Had it been, then your old will I doubt would be valid with regards to her having any claim today. That would be my "guess", I'm not a family lawyer.

With regard to your current situation ...... UP HERE, the 50% split (hubby/wife) would happen but only on the "increases" of your estate since your second marriage. Your worth when married would not be calculated in today's split, just the gain since then. I could imagine that might be a difficult math exercise. As far as the KIDS, they would have no claim on anything unless specifically mentioned in your will. Nothing would be automatic for them. Once again, remember I'm not a family or estate lawyer but I do have a good friend who is one and he has mentioned a lot of these things to me over the years.
 
Interesting post ..... I assume that when you and wife #1 split, that was all settled up and put to bed financially. Had it been, then your old will I doubt would be valid with regards to her having any claim today. That would be my "guess", I'm not a family lawyer.

With regard to your current situation ...... UP HERE, the 50% split (hubby/wife) would happen but only on the "increases" of your estate since your second marriage. Your worth when married would not be calculated in today's split, just the gain since then. I could imagine that might be a difficult math exercise. As far as the KIDS, they would have no claim on anything unless specifically mentioned in your will. Nothing would be automatic for them. Once again, remember I'm not a family or estate lawyer but I do have a good friend who is one and he has mentioned a lot of these things to me over the years.
Agreed ,alot of haggling to prove equity and assets then as opposed to 20 yrslater . ,,it took 4 yr. to settle everything with wife no 1 ,,.
 
olg, Im an attorney who practices in estate planning wills and probate here in Indiana and while its impossible for a lay person let alone an attorney to give competent advice absent MUCH more detailed information and thorough legal research and knowledge, I will just let you know a few basics here in the state where I practice.

You or your spouse can make a valid will regardless if the other likes it or not HOWEVER a person can ONLY pass by Will what they alone own thats NOT subject to Joint ownership or TOD or POD or Beneficiary designations PLUS a spouse can elect to TAKE AGAINST THE WILL if they are dissatisfied with what a spouse left them.

Your concerns are best taken up with a local professional attorney who specializes in estate and probate law and not here but its YOUR decision to do as you please. If you want to do whats advised or offered here (including this attorney absent MUCH more information and specifics) its at your own risk

Best wishes take care

John T BSEE,JD Attorney at Law
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top