how do i get the cam out

Jacxk

Member
i have a z120a600n or to20 i have a bad lifter on intake valve is there a easy fix or how do i do it .is there a pic. to look at one of you might know of. thanks
Jack
 
Your best bet it to invert the engine. All the lifters will slide towards the top of the block and the cam will slide out.
Pull off the pan and remove the lifter(s)
 
i think i got one bad lifter should i change all?
is there any thing elise i should do as long as i got it apart?
remember this is the 77 year old man i am supprised i can run a comp. and type as i only went to 8 th. grade.
Jack
 
If it was me and I had this monster apart, I would do cam and lifters at a minimum.
I might even be tempted to stuff in some bearings to get the oil pressure back up to snuff. If it doesn't smoke, skip the rings and pistons.
 
Yeah, when YOU went to skool. Back in the day it was a bit different.
I am willing to bet Jack had some family issues he had to deal with. . .
I know when I escaped for hi skool it was diplmas from the "bump 'em along" method of teaching.
Never flunk a kid. it *might* give them a social problem. . .
Phooey.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top