How many small squares on a 25’ gooseneck trailer?

rockyridgefarm

I need to deliver a load of small squares 45 miles into Iowa. Much too far to pull my rickety old hay racks. Guess how many. Then guess how many straps I used.
7E522B07-C9E8-41CB-9FDC-261CFAA0D6B7.jpeg
A859FFE3-2E81-4DEE-AD5F-A3E5D7557C43.jpeg
0511B0A3-FDCC-44BD-9EBB-0E1180111854.jpeg

That is a lot different than we used to stack. Nothing tied together in each tier of bales your way. Guess to each their own...
I don’t regularly stack bales on an open trailer, so I don’t really know how to do it right. I depended on the straps to tie them together.

I don’t regularly stack bales on an open trailer, so I don’t really know how to do it right. I depended on the straps to tie them together.
For future reference look at it like building a brick wall or installing shingles. Cover up the seams of the previous layer with the next layer. Like in your layers you went wide long wide. On the second layer, I'd do wide wide long. The third would be long wide wide. Then back to wide long wide. That way no more than two layers of hay are stacked directly on top of one another without one "tying" the bales together.

I see two wagons and they're stacked, second one not quite empty. So I'm going to guess 342 bales, and 16 straps.

In my 20 year ccareer I never worked traffic or wrote many tickets, but if I saw that nightmare trailer on the highway the driver would get a ticket and tow truck called. If the driver was rude then Waste Management would be called and the value of the hay would be added to the fine.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back